Postcolonial Translation : Theory and Practice
This outstanding collection brings together eminent contributors (from Britain, the US, Brazil, India and Canada) to examine crucial interconnections between postcolonial theory and translation studies. Examining the relationships between language and power across cultural boundaries, this collection reveals the vital role of translation in redefining the meanings of culture and ethnic identity. The essay topics include:
* links between centre and margins in intellectual transfer
* shifts in translation practice from colonial to post-colonial societies.
* translation and power relations in Indian languages
* Brazilian cannibalistic theories in literary transfer.
Download Postcolonial Translation : Theory and Practice (9780415147446).pdf, available at musafirband.com for free.
- Susan Bassnett-McGuire, Harish Trivedi, Susan Bassnett
- Hardback | 224 pages
- 140 x 216 x 16mm | 386g
- Publication date
- 01 Feb 1999
- Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication City/Country
- London, United Kingdom
- Illustrations note
- black & white illustrations